Friday, 28 October 2016
Thursday, 27 October 2016
The Ladies’ Annual Meeting and Prize Giving took place on Thursday 13th October at 6.00pm in the clubhouse, when 69 ladies attended. Lady Captain Kathy Cameron gave her report and announced that 144 ladies had taken part in the Medal/Competition Day Ballot. It was a very close outcome with 79 voting for Thursday and 65 voting for Friday. A general discussion took place and it was agreed that the committee would discuss all points and issues raised at their first committee meeting. However, although this was a very close result, the majority voted for a Thursday, and the ladies section must respect this. Ladies medals and competitions will be played on a Thursday from 2017. More details will be announced once the committee have held their meeting.
Lady Captain Kathy then handed over to Meriel Walker, the incoming Captain who announced that her Vice Captain would be Janice Lang, who was currently on holiday. Other members elected on to the ladies committee were Fiona Johnston, Carolyn Haddow, Lesley Findlay and Heather Dawson, all serving a second year together with Katie Chapman, Doreen Johnson and Mary Miller. Shirley Irvine, will continue to be the representative for the Wee Course Ladies.
Outgoing Captain Kathy was presented with a bouquet of flowers in appreciation of her very successful year as captain.
The Winter League, which commences on Friday 4th November, will continue each Friday until the end of 2016, after which in 2017 the Ladies Winter League will be played every Thursday until it concludes in March.
Past Captain Kathy was then invited by Captain Meriel to present the prizes won during her year.
Saturday, 22 October 2016
Friday, 21 October 2016
Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Tuesday, 18 October 2016
|Ready to go! Noreen leads the way...|
There were five tables for the first session of the Ladies Tuesday Afternoon Bridge today with everyone saying how nice it was to be back playing after the summer break. There was quite a bit of the wild bidding going on, especially at Noreen Fordyce's table!
Monday, 17 October 2016
Friday, 14 October 2016
Ladies gathered at Blairgowrie today to bid farewell to the outgoing Captain Cathy Cameron, but sadly were unable to participate in the Pinehurst competition due to the very wet weather. However, the new Captain Meriel Walker took control of proceedings and with the help of her committee organised some indoor putting competitions which were highly contested. One event involved putting six balls through wooden arches which had different scores according their width. The winner of this competion was Sandy Bushby with Pauline Hill in second place. The second event involved putting on an indoor putting green. It was a knockout competion and was won by Jen Petrie with Doreen Johnstone as the runner up. It was a lovely morning despite the disappointing weather and everyone had a chance to thank Cathy for all she had done as Captain as well as welcome Meriel to her new role.
- October Friday 14th Farewell to Captain Kathy – Pinehurst
- October 18th - TuesdayBridge - Noreen Fordyce will again be on hand with help and advice, and would like to extend a warm welcome to all ladies, the regulars and newcomers! Play begins at 12.30pm until 2.30pm, followed by tea and chat.
- October Friday 21st 4 Club Competition
- October Thursday 27thGin Tasting Evening - £15 pp
- October Friday 28thTurkey Trot
- November Friday 4thWinter League begins
- November Friday 11th Annual Prizegiving & End of Season Dinner
- December Friday 9th Ladies Xmas Lunch
- December Sunday 11th Kids Christmas Party – organised by Angie
- December Sunday 18th Jazz Afternoon with The East Coast Jazz Men
- December Saturday 31stHogmanay Party with ‘The Breeze”
Friday, 7 October 2016
Thursday, 6 October 2016
- Pinehurst involves partners
- Partners will be randomly drawn from entries
- Both players tee off at each hole
- Each player then plays their partners tee shot at each hole
- After both second shots have been played, partners choose the ball they wish to continue with and play foursomes with that ball until the hole is complete.